Love to see your opinion

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraBoo

Im on a Rant, im sorry!

Why cant people :stop: Talking terrible about rats?they carry a terrible stereo type. But really we are at fault for why wild rats steal from humans! and are such pests.
We built the perfect place for them to find food and take shelter Right?? If you were a rat what would you do?
I would go for what makes me survive. Rats have no choice to go into the citys and sewers, we took their home aaway to build ours!
but what people dont know is that they make such great amazing pets! Does your mom like cats? Cats were once wild, look at minx's and bobcats! they kill people each year!! yet no one comments about them being nasty creatures! Dogs originated from wolves and dingos, they kill many people each year, and do much damage to people living out in the countrys properties! But They are yet to be said that they are horrid creatures!! So why the rat? If someone can love a dear pet snake or hairless cat then im sure they can learn not to bad mouth our little furry pets! It is a outrage poeple are so Taken by Rumors and lies! And then that brings me to the subject of the plague. The worst misconception on our little friends was caused by fleas! Many people dont know this! I hate people Who Badmouth these wonderful little creatures! they are amazing! They deal with us every day in the wild! Why cant people deal with them?? Because they are imbassels. thats why :myopinion: :ranton: :strike: we SHOULD protest this! IT BOTHERS ME SO MUCH!!!! :evil:

You can't knock something - species or individual - for doing what it has to do to eat. Humans would be a race of pests if there was a stronger species that had claimed the whole world for it's own and left nothing for them.
Trouble is - you don't want wild rats, mice, bats, termites, etc infringing on your home or in food storage warehouses. Much as any of us love rats I think we'd all be raising hell if we found a rat raisin in our sealed bag of corn flakes.
And mosquitos have to eat to, but I'll kill them and curse them when they're sucking on my arm.

We know rats can be domesticated and have a friendly affectionate nature when they are not focused on surviving. I expect it could be the same with mosquitos even. Humans create the problem by upsetting the natural balance and then blame the critters that manage to survive them. You're not gonna change that outlook as long as Human Entitlement reigns supreme.

You can only change a mind or a few at a time by introducing them to domestic ratties - our little love envoys - and letting them see the whole picture.

Back