Lose of the tip of tail

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meandmine

My daughter accidently picked up one of my boys by the tail (I know, I blasted her for it already). He lost approx. 3/4 inch of his tail. :cry4: I quickly cleaned and sterilized the wound and trimmed back the exposed area and applied pressure to stop the bleeding.
This all happened quite quickly and thankfully I was able to stop the bleeding. I quickly disinfected a tank for him and used paper towel for the bottom that way I can assess blood loss.
How do others treat injuries like this at home? I thankfully have experience with these types of injuries but want to know what others do.
Thanks.

Thanks. I'm still worried and am constantly looking to make sure he's not bleeding. In fact he's eating now and has just curled up for a nap. Fingers crossed that there will be no complications. :mouse1np1:

Pongo lost the tip of his tail because Bozzuto thought it was a slice of pear (Pongo always sleeps with his tail tip hanging slightly out of the hammock inner layer) Hes fine now ..i hope your little guy is fine now too ~hugs

Back