Lily

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

My girl Lily is down to her last few days and I've noticed since last night that her mucus STINKS!. Like it smells terrible and its not something I have ever smelled before. Does anyone know what might be causing this? It almost smells like rotten brocoli or something...if that makes any sence.... She does have chronic URI so I know its related to that, but she has had the URI since she was a baby and I have never noticed anything like this before... :?

She has no porph at all..thats why i'm so confused. Shes sneezing a lot though and there seems to be a whiteish mucus coming out...its when she sneezes that it smells really strong...although I can always smell it if I smell her nose, its just a lot stronger when she sneezes. :(

Is she on anything? Antibiotics I mean? Could it be possible she's got some kind of abcess in her nasal passages? That is the only kind of whitish smelly mucus I can imagine would be forming??

I guess it is quite possible there is an absess froming...I don;t know why she would have one but shes a really old girl and her body is very weak and probably suseptable to a whole bunch of things :(
I'm probably going to get her pts tomorrow just because I know she doesn't have much longer and I don't want to wait until she is suffering. Thanks for the info everyone.

:cry:

058.jpg

I am sorry to hear this Bruxxy but like Shelagh I am sure you are doing the right thing. I'm sure that none of us like making that decision but we have to remember that we all love them and we have to do what is right for them. Thinking of you tomorrow.

Ann

Aww I am sorry to hear Lily's finally come to the end of her very brave road. :(

Goodbye little lipsmacker!!!! I only met you a handful of times but you stole my heart!!
Say hello to Selene, Soma and Luna for me.

((hugs)) bruxxy :cry:

Back