Lily - ? - March 21/ 08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

My poor Lily is gone... Over the past while she's been slowing down, but today she let go. She was over 2 years old, but that doesn't help the pain any. I got her before I had dental surgery, and while I healed, I spent a lot of time playing with her. She helped me take my mind off things. She was active and full of life, and a complete sweetie.

She's lived with over 13 different rats in her lifetime, outliving most of her older cagemates. She lived with my current horde of 8 girls for months until she snapped and started hurting them. I moved her on her own and she calmed down a lot and seemed so much happier. I think as she aged she wanted more peace and quiet - and despite my efforts to introduce her back with my other girls, she wouldn't accept any of them.

I'll miss you Lily, my beautiful girl. Play free with all your friends, and let them know I miss every one of them.

outsidebig.jpg

prettygirl.jpg

cleaningdayrats1.jpg

downside.jpg

3buddies5.jpg

girls4.jpg

girls8.jpg

cleaningdayrats8.jpg

I'm so sorry Shelley, what a beauty she was. I'm pretty sure I cuddled her when I visited 9 months ago. Such beautiful pictures you've posted of your rats. :rathugz:

I'm so sorry to hear about Lily.... really, really, really sorry. It makes me worry even more about Emma's massive downturn (Lily is your final PetSmart girl.. possible "sister" to Emma, right?) as of late. I wonder how long it will be until they meet back up. :cry:

Yeah, Lily is the possible sister of your girls from the Petsmart :( She's the last and final rat I ever got from a store. I had to clean out the cage today, it's always such a depressing event to put a cage back in storage :cry:

You let me love you, you let me hold you
My beautiful beautiful much-loved child
In gratitude my heart expands to enfold you
Your memory's enshrined while your spirit runs wild.

Just for you and your darling Lily, Shelley.
I'm so sorry :cry:

Back