Leia is going in for surgery

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

Well we took in Leia, Mya, Alice, and Franka today so they could get checked out because we thought they were scratching a bit to much. The vet found only one mite egg so she's doing a test on the hair samples and gave us some meds to give them for now.
When Dr, Dunnett picked up Leia she felt a lump under her armpit on her left arm. I knew I had felt something there before but every time Ang and I had looked we couldn't find it. She also has a little bump like a cyst the doc said on her back. So Leia is going in for tumor removal on the 22nd. It's pretty small right now so we're hoping that we'll catch it in time so it doesn't come back. We don't want to make the same mistake we did with Raina.
Leia's been keeping to herself a lot and acting more cuddly then usual so we Knew something was up. The girls go in on the same day as Leia for a recheck and make sure these mites are gone.

Does freezing all the fleece and things help to kill any mites there could be on them? I forgot to ask the doc when we were there.

Awww... poor Leia, good luck to the sweet girl.

You'll have to scrub everything down, freezing for 48 hours all wood, washing fleece in hot water should work too. But most of all, they need their Revolution or ivermectin.

The doc gave them ivermectin I have to give it to them again in 7 days she said and then they go in for a check up on the same day as Leia goes in to see if they're gone. Hopefully this stuff works. I think they got the mites from either the SPCA girls or Honey even though Honey wasn't even near them. I have their fleece in the freezer and their food. The only wood thing they have was the coconut shell toy I got them so I put that in the freezer too.
We're going to give the room a good shrub down today and put the third level on. We'll post pics once it's up.
I'm glad we'll be able to take Leia in for this surgery while the bump is still small. Wish us luck.

Thanks for the good thoughts! I'm sure she'll be ok. We have to get Emily checked too because I think she has a tumor starting in the same place Raina had hers. Seems like the year for tumors geez *sighs* Hopefully we can catch them at the right time and early enough.

Yeah we'll be getting her spayed at the same time..though that didn't seem to work for Raina. But Dr. Dunnette said where Leia's tumor is so small hopefully the spay will work. Hopefully it'll be the same case with emily...but her's looks more inside not like a usual mamary tumor. I noticed it 'cause when I was checking them over and had her on her back I could see this round type looking thing on her leg but it's really in side and just shows a tiny bit that there's a large round object. It looks the same size of a grape but it's not hanging off her body...so I dunno if her's will be cancerous or what. *sighs* just like Gloria all over again...hopefully Dr. Dunnette can do something in time before it gets bad.

Back