Lab blocks live in Ottawa

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those with smaller number of rats really should stick with the Extrusion.

ChrisK, I'd do an all out switch. Your rats are saving the good stuff, might be for fear that they may not get it anymore.

jorats said:
ChrisK, I'd do an all out switch. Your rats are saving the good stuff, might be for fear that they may not get it anymore.

I will do this tonight for sure.

This morning I switched bowls -- and put only the Extrusion in their regular food dish, and the remainder of the old mix in their "treat" bowl. Well, it took a few runs with a rest in between, but Lollipop managed to stash away every single bit of the Extrusion! :giggle: That's my cheeky little girl!

So... tonight we switch!

My Molly is a master stasher as well. I put Oxbow Regal rat and Harlan in the bowl... sure enough, all the harlan gets packed away in the cube warehouse on the top shelf. sheesh.

Well to let all of you guys know, my boys are 8 weeks now and I have had them on Kaytee Pro-Health forit-diet. They love it, and at all the pets stores I went to including Petsmart at Merivale and no one had Living World Extrusion. And PitLuvs I think your comment was rude, and I made this thread because I wanted to feed my boys good food etc. So I went with Kaytee since it seemed the best on the shelf at Petsmart at the time. And a person on here said they feed Kaytee to thier girls and they love it.

And I can\t order online, so the "good" brands are out of reach for me. So a few weeks after when I went to Bayshore at Petworld, they had Living World Extrusion a small little bag for like over ten bucks pretty sure. I love my rats but I only make so much money. So bottom line is I'm sticking with Kaytee, and my boys love it, it's not crap, obviously if it's still on the market and people use it.

rat.queen said:
it's not crap, obviously if it's still on the market and people use it.

Actually, think about all the big name cat foods on the market that people keep buying: Iams, etc. They're all crap.

Feeding a low quality block won't affect all rats. It's the same as smoking. Some people get cancer others don't. Your boys are young right now, it will be later that it will hit them hard. But... you can make sure to add all the great antioxidant veggies every day, that might very well cancel out the junk in the Kaytee.

Back