Just Me and The Mouseman now...Dudley :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I get to the vet clinic tonight and find one of the staff apologizing, saying they tried to catch me and tell me not to come. Belle will need her eye surgically removed so my vet decided to keep her there, do the surgery when he has time and they will rehome her from the clinic. I think they already have someone in mind. I am disappointed in also not finding out what was her diagnosis as I love to learn. If they aren't able to rehome her they will call and let me know. So sadly I was a hamster owner for 1.5 days only

Well its back to the mice now :)

I bet they'd tell you if you ask next time you call.. I hope everything works out for darling Belle! It really does look like Glaucoma..

I am starting to think its lucky ME not lucky mice. :giggle:

Dudley-Do-Bite is relaxing. I put my hand in his cage on the shelf and yesterday he kept coming up and bravely sniffing it. Tonight he sniffed, licked, nibbled, and climbed on the Scary Hand. :) After that his demeanor changed completely. He's a very happy little dude, and once we sort out a plan (probably me encouraging him to step on my hand or arm to come Out) he'll be even happier

jan11Dudley.jpg

jan11Dudley3.jpg

and Stuart...Ack! He is utterly like his lovely momma Dashi, who was only with me a short while, but he;s got so many of her mannerisms. This guy zones out and cheek tips, grooms in my lap, climbs everywhere, and lastly he actually LICKS.

jan11Stuart.jpg

I made the little guy melty. :heart:

jan11Stuart4.jpg

Stuart has finally figured out the wheel, YAY!!

The Ladies are going to their new home tomorrow. They will be joining their daddy with Michelle. Sadly their sister Maggie (from before) passed last week from all her ongoing issues. Michelle was devastated but Loki was starting to get lonely so the girls are going to an amazing home :thumbup:

and Dudley is making her nervous and laugh at the same time. He can get out of his cage...sigh. BUT he only goes on top and climbs around on the stuff I had piled up there, especially the old rat bed. :) I come home and if he's out, his little head pops up from inside there. He comes to see me, then once he's done he squeezes through the bars that are a tiny bit wider in one place, goes for a drink, a run on the wheel, a snack and finally a snooze. LOL

jan15dudley.jpg

jan15dudley2.jpg

So to make my life exciting. one of the little girls decided to fall on the floor when I was getting her sister out for her abs. UGH. I tried everything but she kept just out of reach of course!

I finaly have her cage on the fllor with the door open, her sister set up in a small carrier beside it as bait.

I WAS supposed to be dropping them off this morning for Michelle to take home. UGH :doh:

The girls got dropped off at the vet clinic yesterday morning, so they are on to a whole new life/adventure and looked thrilled for it :thumbup:

I started really working with Dudley this week. I would put my hand on his shelf and he would come up and sniff it and climb on it. After 2 days of this he started running to the front of the cage and climbing up to sit in the door opening. So then I offered him my covered arm to climb on...eventually he did and then I would walk away and sit down in front of the computer and let him climb around on me. I got to kiss him a whole lot, and pat him as well...carefully. Last night we got smooshy mouse, and cheek tips and bruxxing....soooo pleased!!!

jan18dudley3.jpg

Cuddled happily on my arm
jan18dudley4.jpg

A bit of smooshy mouse...
jan18dudley2.jpg

Why did you stop? :giggle:
jan18dudley.jpg

Dudley is so very cute. I'm glad all worked out with these little ones, they are lucky to have you.

Cozy Corner (Thanks Nic and Jo!!) sent my tiny micemen some specially made hammocks. They got them in their cages today. I will tell you that mice really USE the whole hammock, they don't just go in or on...they climb all over it, using it as a ladder, jungle gym, and cuddly home. :thumbup:

Dudley first...he's sooo good now! He doesn't nip, I can scoop him up now, and he loooves kisses. He is now just Dudley, not Dudley-Do-Bite any longer :D He's definitely a boy mouse and smells like shrimp (I hate shrimp, but for some reason it doesn't bother me when its attached to this cute little man). I am not happy with his cage, its too small and not high enough but until I find him a better one (more like Stuarts) then it will have to do. I had to rig up a shelf for his cage and he got a tiny cube that still looked huge when he was on/in it LOL

jan26Dudleyscage.jpg

jan26Dudley2.jpg

jan26Dudley3.jpg

He is a very happy mouse...he comes when I say his name, and bounces...not a scared bone in his body now :D

jan26Dudley.jpg

Then there's lovely almost no-smell Stuart. Soft and sweet and brave as all get out. :D

jan26Stuartsnewcagesetp.jpg

jan26Stuartandhisnewdoublehammock2.jpg

jan26Stuartandhisnewdoublehammock5.jpg

jan26Stuartandhisnewdoublehammock3.jpg

jan26Stuartandhisnewdoublehammock4.jpg

jan26Stuart2.jpg

jan26Stuart.jpg

Latest posts

Back