Just heartbroken, can't stop crying-They're gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there Chicky, we know how you feel. :sad3:

As for Coal and Chimo, may they be happy wherever they are now.

chicky82 said:
Well, it looks like the end of the road for my guys :cry3: my boys Coal and Chimo are just past 2 1/2 years old and I have to make the decision for them. Chimo developed a large tumor that nothing can be done for and Coal has pt :sad3:
I've mostly decided to help them pass this coming Saturday unless they pass before then which in my past history with rats, that hasn't happened. I want to see if it can be done Saturday because I want my bf to be with me during.
This is really hard to do because Chimo looks rough but still has some life and Coal doesn't look rough but...
I've been crying off and on this whole past week and I can barely see the screen as I type and I haven't been able to eat anything today :cry:
I think if they were younger, I might try enormous efforts, but even if anything could be done, I couldn't afford it and my bf is unwilling to go though that again (we had a girl who didn't survive a tumor removal and he saw how hard it was for me)
After it's over, I'll post my tribute to my boys but it may take a few days, for now here are some pics of my sweeties
IMG_2209.jpg

chimo-2.jpg
Baby Chimo
coal.jpg
Baby Coal
IMG_2134.jpg
Chimo on top and Coal in the cage

I'm so sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In times of life
one heart and soul
forever shall we be

I'll be there with you
when we go
so you'll not wait for me :heart:

Perched high upon our silver cloud
In Rainbow Heaven's care
Send love and kisses down below
For Chicky... we're still there. :love6:

You'll see us when you dream at night
You'll hear us in the breeze
Within the glow of every star
In colors in the leaves :rose:

In times of youthfulness and health
In times when weak and ill
Our hearts and souls would mirror all
the other partner filled. :heart:

The greatest joy bestowed upon
two boys of single will
would be to come and go as one
a dream we did fulfill. :love4:

In love to our attending mom
a love so pure and rare
fulfilled the lives of two small boys
with selflessness and care. :rose:

Within the comfort of our home
Did we then pass as one
To say farewell, but not goodbye
Our souls will cross again :love6:

When in the distant future
At the Rainbow Bridge you'll be
Entwine within the love we share
And two hearts will be three. :rose:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no finer way for those two to pass Chicky. It is rare that partners are able to die, cuddled together, on the same day. One heart and one soul. It is a beautiful and amazing end to a beautiful story. A beautiful gift to two little souls who were completely dedicated to each other.

Your boys are always with you. Learn to see with your heart and you will always see them there.

AH JEN YOU MAKE ME CRY!!!

Im so sorry for your loss Chicky. It made me smile through tears that they went together though. Together forever they shall be :heart:

RIP Sweet guys

:hugs: :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss. For you it must be very hard to lose them both together. for them, it was a blessing that they could be curled up together instead of facing death alone.

they were lucky to have had a lifetime of love with you and your bf. I hope that you will soon be able to remember them with more joy than pain, although that will take a while.

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. I've got to make a decision for Buzz. He has a tumour in his hip and resp issues. I had called the ER today to bring him in but my son wasn't ready and pointed out he "didn't look that bad". In fact he looked great when I brought him in for goodbyes. So I didn't have the heart to bring him in. It is touch and go with him and the biggest worry I have is for Mickey who will be alone. You are so lucky that both of yours will go at the same time. Is there a friend who can go with you? It might make it easier.

Back