Just got 2 rats but their not hanging

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

I just picked up to 2 male baby rats, their from the same litter, but when i got them home and put them in their cage they are just each sitting in corners at different ends of the cage is this noraml?

Godmother said:
I wonder if they are scared. Do you have a kleenex box or somewhere that they could hide until they feel more at ease?
yes i do, ones in the box and one is in the other corner under some paper towel

I'd definitely give them a wee bit of time to get used to their new surroundings, new smells and sounds too.
Keep going up to them to talk and offer treats like banana, grapes or even cheerios.

jorats said:
I'd definitely give them a wee bit of time to get used to their new surroundings, new smells and sounds too.
Keep going up to them to talk and offer treats like banana, grapes or even cheerios.
OK thanks for the tip. The store where i bought the stuff at only had the rat mixed seed food, which i heard wasn't good. So i bought the compressed hamster food the ppl at the store said it will work just as well.

edit: Their in the box now but in different corners of the shoe box.

I don't know how many babies were at the store, but if there was quite a few it may be the first time ever that they have both been with only one other rat... that along with moving, a new cage, new people, new sounds etc could be pretty scary to them.

Give them some time, I'm sure they'll be exploring and excited in no time :D

Back