just a couple of pictures of my boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are cute pics! They are soo tiny, love the one in the dish!

Did u know that wood shavings are poisionous to rats? Have you tried to use yesterdays new litter or even shredded news paper? Also seed mixes are bad also for ratters :wink:

I have already changed to carefresh natural cellulose fibers, it has no chemicls or woodchips in it. I found out the wood chips were bad for my boys when they where about 4 months old. But thanks for the warning its nice to know others care

MaryCayden said:
Those are cute pics! They are soo tiny, love the one in the dish!

Did u know that wood shavings are poisionous to rats? Have you tried to use yesterdays new litter or even shredded news paper? Also seed mixes are bad also for ratters :wink:

Pine and especially cedar are very harmful to rats but aspen is safe. I don't use shavings and am horrible at identifying the type just from looking at pics.

See mixes are bad because they aren't balanced and rats can pick and choose their favourite parts making them even more unbalanced. If you can get a good quality lab block, your rats would be healthier because of it. (Good blocks are often cheaper than seed mixes too.)

Cute boys though, I love they're still young enough to sleep in their bowls :heart:

ETA: I wrote this before little rat replied.

Back