Jevy tumor removal--he's ok and back home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

My old man Jevy will be going Tuesday to have a tumor near his hind leg, removed. Please send him good thoughts. He's almost 31 months but in good health.

jevyapril2408.jpg
:heart:

They are an amazing crew aren't they? Asha is the same but a little weak in her hind limbs, but she can still be a little cow occasionally :roll: Adia is sweet but she too has a tumor and is much much thinner.

Good luck little Jevy man!!!

Mamarat was talking to our vet about tumours, mainly my concern with my Vincent. He's got a tumour that is almost as large as he is. But his respiratory is not good enough to make it through surgery. He's also 36 months old now.
The vet figures it must be a benign tumour. She says benign tumours are a well working machine, making it's own blood supply and surviving on it's own without sucking the life of out the rat and will most likely never burst, that was a fear of mine. Vincent is so alert, bright eyed, active and eats so well, he's not even skinny. I was feeling so guilty allowing him to live this way, dragging that huge thing behind him but after what my vet said, I feel much better.

I'm glad Jevy is going in, even though he's 30 months old! His lungs are clear and he's doing so good health wise.
Lots and lots of well wishes for the beautiful man!!

Saffi's tumour is just like Vincents. Its huge and awful but she is keeping her weight and spirits up so I am not concerned yet. That also makes me feel a bit better about it all.

The one concern with Jevy is that his brother Sam had a huge tumor also but it was cancerous and never healed. He had to be PTS when he became too weak and the Metacam was not helping him anymore.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better mamarat, but sister Adia's tumour has stayed the same size for months, she is thinner now (she is older) but she is still bright.

this pic was from Feb 17
AuraandAdiaat26and28monthsFeb17.jpg

Thanks, Shelagh. She is one gorgeous lady. The vet thinks it is mammary for Jevy but because of Sam's history, she wants to remove it as he is still in good health. And it grew very fast since Sunday. I'll be a nervous wreck by Tuesday.

I just picked up Jevy and the op went really well. It looks like it was a benign mass. He's having pablum now. Thanks everyone for all the good thoughts.

mamarat said:
I just picked up Jevy and the op went really well. It looks like it was a benign mass.
:happydance: I just knew it would be ok, but I'm relieved, and so very happy for you & Jevy!!!
Hope you're feeling relatively good little man :kisses:

And :kisses: to Sunny too, I'm so happy for you and her Nickelrat!!!

:joy: Yay for Jevy and Sunny!! Sunny is already in her home with her cage mates and she's already begging for treats!! :happydance: I checked her incision and it's looks wonderful!!

Back