Jed (8/15/07 - 5/28/08)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristyR

I lost Jed this morning, 9 days after his brother Simon. I went in with meds for the boys, and he was lying still on the side of the cage. He was still breathing, but barely. Shallow breaths, and slow. His little body was so cold when I picked him up. He was already limp. He did two big gasping breaths and he was gone.

Aw, Jed, buddy. I'm so sorry.

Jed was my quiet boy. He never caused any trouble. He was a very polite rat. At treat time, he would wait for all his brothers to grab food from your hand and run, and then he would gently take his treat from your fingers. He was a gentleman rat.

Jed's name was a tribute to my first three rats that passed - Jake, Evie, and Daisy.

Play hard at the bridge, sweet boy. And rest well.

2092820786_027f804c89.jpg

2351309951_85e85d1797.jpg

Aww Kristy I'm so sorry... and only 9 days after his brother.

Sounds like he was a sweet, sensitive soul.

jorats said:
Oh Kristy... I'm so sorry. :sad3:
This is scary...he was way too young. Maybe there's something more serious going on?

Thanks, Jo. This is scary. Later today, I'll write out everything that's gone on in the last few weeks and see if anyone has any ideas.

I still can't help but miss him, but that pic of him winking in his hammock makes me smile every time I see it!

lavieboheme73 said:
I still can't help but miss him, but that pic of him winking in his hammock makes me smile every time I see it!

I miss him too. That cage seems so empty with only four brothers instead of six. Simon was such a big personality in that cage. Jed was so quiet, but I didn't realize until he was gone, just how much he brought to that colony.
:sad3:

Back