Ivy and her internal mass?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

So Ivy has had an internal mass since around July 17. It remains the same size, place and is very hard. Is it possible that this is an infection of some sort? Should I give a round of abs to be sure and if so what meds? I have not taken her to the vet for the mass. I figured it would be a waste of an office visit for him to tell me what I already know, that there is nothing to do other than wait till it is time to do the right thing. But what if? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Could it be a mass on an organ? Or an inflamed organ? My Jersy had a mass in his belly but it turned out to be an infection of this spleen, a 2 week course of baytril made it go back to normal.

Ivy is good and a lot more sleepy these day but she will be 3 in October so it is expected. The mass has stayed the same size so the Baytril did not help to shrink it. My vet agrees it is just an internal mass and there is nothing to do other than wait it out.

Yes, Ivy is my tilty baby that I got from Petco because I just knew no one would want her because she was "damaged" and they let me have her for free as they felt the same way. I love Ivy so much I have to say she is my "heart rat". She is such a doll and just loves to be held and scratched she will lay on her side for hours as long as I scratch her up and down her entire body.

The mass seems to be staying the same size. I hope that old age takes her before the mass does as she is the one rat I do not want to have to make that decision for. But I will know when the time is right and will do the right thing by her. Gosh I am in tears just typing this.

If she makes it to October she will be my first 3 year old. Flower passed just days before her guestimated birth month and I was devastated about it. So fingers crossed she goes a long time as it is going to kill me when she does leave me.

I am going to get some new pics tonight and I will post some here.

Fingers and tails crossed for my Ivy.

Back