It's never a dull day...Nose injury

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRatQueen

Well...While I was at work the boyfriend had a crazy day and I had to rush home at one point.

The boy who was neutered yesterday, well he got into a fight with his cage mate so Bry went to grab him out and I'm not sure if he spooked him or if when he grabbed him there was pain but he bit Bryan pretty severe (We might have to go and get stitches) Took a nice chunk out about 1/4 of an inch wide.

But anyway...while Bryan was screaming bloody murder (while bleeding every where) Watson got out and decided to visit Mr. Roid Rage next door to and Watson nipped his nose through the bars. (As I said...never a dull day)

Now the nip isn't too bad, but he is missing a slight chunk of his nose, and I cleaned it as best as I could and he didn't even flinch so obviously it's not bothering him

Should I be worried about anything? I've never had a nose bit like this before. (Sorry for the blurry photos, he doesn't hold still)

kai2.jpg

kai1.jpg

The bit is located on the side, not the front like it looks, and there is a little bitty chunk of skin hanging :( And there was no blood anywhere in his cage or on him besides what you see here. *shrugs*

His nose will match his ear now LOL he will be fine, watch for swelling, maybe some pain meds if needed.

Yes. It will! Soon he will be a Picasso creation! We got him with his ear like that. Apparently the breeder liked to stick all of her rats together with out intros. That's what the result was for him. *ugh*

Never a dull day for sure....I think we have all had them....someday I just shake my head and wonder...I am sure his little nose will be just fine.....Hope Bryan's finger is okay.

Back