its bath time for my ratties

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ach! I expected pictures!
Your first bath time then? So I could give you advice I've heard but never used... but as it's your 1st time I don't want to be responsible for offering technical expertise without tactical experience.
Actually I have done a bath or 2. In the sink with a minimum of water. And the kids pooped a lot and were grateful to get out.
Might be better if they had a buddy with them.

Until someone with experience answers I say put low water in the tub. Put their most comfy hidey houses in there. Have some treats handy and then just take advantage of a kid coming to you for getting him out of there to do the scrub & cuddle and return to home.

You know, rats really shouldnt need baths as a rule. They are like cats in keeping themselves clean. It's actually shown that they wash more often than cats. They say a cat is as clean as it's environment - same for rats. Is there something occuring with your kids that doesn't seem ok? Cause they can get mites and that's easily fixable but a bath won't do it...
Whatevers up feel free to ask, this is like a Summer Break RV Vacation Park where we all know each other's kids and can share first aid horror stories and somebody knows what to do when I don't.

If you think your rats have buggies, then i would suggest getting them Revolution.
Rats don't really need bathing, in fact, removing their natural body oils is not a good idea. If it's something you want to do once in a while for fun, you should start while the rats are quite young. Most rats really hate bath time. Oh and don't forget to wear long sleeves!!

Back