It's about time...(pic heavy)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papercrow

I joined way back when the site was only a few weeks old, and it's taken me THIS long to get pics down loaded. Here's the crew

My beloved Wubbzy
DSCN5974.jpg

The Piggster (his name has nothing to do with the fact the he is twice as big as anyone else. Really.
DSCN5944.jpg

Sumi. This is when we first brought him home
DSCN5968.jpg

Wubbzy and Walden
DSCN5917.jpg

Here's the 695. Which I love!
DSCN5984.jpg

I have no piccies of the baby. Have to get on that.

Awww, I just wanna take bork home!!!! But then again, your R695 is much better furnished than mine... mine is a work in progress.

Hi, I was looking over this part of the forum and couldn't help but to notice your beautiful rattie boys! The odd - eye berkshire is gorgeous! Well, all of them are though. Right now I have 2 girls. One is a newbee and she is really a sweetie. I'll post some pics tonight if I can get it right! Oh and also, the cage looks great! I take it you are referring to a Martin's cage? I was planning on buying one for my girls, but I couldn't decide which one would be best. I think I'll suggest to the manufacturer that they should put something next to the picture so we can really tell how large the cage is. That looks more roomy than what shows in the picture. Also, what are you using on each of the level on the floor? It looks like it would be easy to clean. I'm using plastic needpoint canvass at this time.
Well, nice to meet you..see ya on the forum!
Julie :lol:

Hey Julie--Another Baltimore person! Thanks for all of the compliments. Yes that is the Martin's r695. It is pretty big, well I guess not compared to what some other folks have around here! It comes up to my waist and was much larger than what I was anticipating when I ordered it. As far as the shelf coverings I also use the plastic needlepoint canvas, but have been seriously considering converting to fabric. Good luck with your newbie little girl and I can't wait to see pics.

ps Mamarat2 is getting a harlan teklad run together (check on Goosemoose under the rat tails section) and we are almost to our quota. Need some?

Papercrow...I'd like to see even more people from B'More like rats! I don't know many. They don't know what they are missing! I thought you may have been using the needlepoint plastic in the bottom of your cage..it looked like it in the pic, but I wasn't sure. How do you keep your flooring in place? I use the plastic zip ties on mine. Only one thing, if you have chewers than you can count on replacing that plastic quite a bit. I wasn't too sure about using fabric, especially terry cloth or old towels because I would be afraid that their little nails would catch on the cotton loops of the fabric and they can easily twist their feet in it. I would consider using fleece though. That wouldn't be to bad, unless it had holes in it and in that chase I'd been replacing it anyway. In regard to your cage...I know they come shipped broken down. How long did it take for you to assemble your cage? I do not need any food at this time, but I thank you anyway. I would consider trying it sometime, but I don't kow much about the brand. I did hear it was good food. Julie

Back