Is your Critter nation like this?!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bundyrats said:
If those cages are made in China it's highly likely that they aren't sand blasted or primed before they are powder coated. Plus they would use a cheap quality powder. Even by complaining, I'm sorry to say that I dont' think that will make any difference and if it did, it would just increase the price - and I'm talking a lot. Sandblasting and priming is the most expensive part of the procedure which is why most places just completely eliminate it to keep the price down. The top-coating is just to make it look pretty, it's the primer that seals the steel but powder coating (the top coat) is actually porous and so it doesn't give it much protection especially if the cage is exposed to urine and water.
For longevity, the best procedure would be to have a brand new cage sandblasted, primed and powdercoated with a good quality product but then you would probably be looking at the cost of the cage all over again.

Thanks for the info.

If I ever buy a new one, I will definately try that

Back