Is this teenage girl behavior?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abazoo

Okay so my three little girls are sisters and about 6 months old now.. They just reached the size of my 15m/o Casey and they started a dom. shift and Casey's not on top anymore.. They were jumping on each other and power grooming each other today. Then when I was petting them, they jumped and started grooming me back. And they were yipping when I picked them up and put them back in the cage.. like they were mad I was correcting them!
Is there something I should be doing to say I'm alpha.. or could that cause problems between them or even them and me? Will they grow out of this when they get older OR when they settle the dom issue between themselves?
They were such sweeeet girls! I'm worried I'll lose them to this :panic:

Grooming is good... I always allow my rats to groom me. Have fun with them, tickle their heads, they love that... Don't worry about dominance, not unless one of them becomes a bully.

I too encourage my guys to grrom me, lol
They also grrom my 3 yr old son. THey lick our hands, clean our fingernails, etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about the dominence thing unless it becomes more of a 'problem' like bullying, fighting, etc.
Sounds to me like normal, silly girl behaviour to me!

Back