Is my rat ok

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammabam

So me and my husband have 3 sweet baby rats (2 to 3 months old) and today we came home and one of our rats Benny had what looks to be blood on his back and this weird substance stuck to his fur we got the stuff off of him but it looks like his back where the little bits of blood are hurting him we have him sectioned off from his brothers right now because we don't know if they hurt him or what happened but he seems to be ok but we are going to get him to a vet Tomorrow or Monday when they open I will attach pictures if I can figure out how to

Trigger warning for the blood it's just a little but still

Attachments

• IMG_20231028_215305_448.jpg
    IMG_20231028_215305_448.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231028_215300_601.jpg
    IMG_20231028_215300_601.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
If you have any honey salve you can use it on an open wound to clean it from the bacteria and keep it open for if it needs stitching. Don't worry! I've seen rats be beaten up and have whole open backs and still walk around as if they are absolutely fine. I mean it isn't pleasant but they usually bounce back fine! Do you know if there has been any cage troubles? Fights or anything with the brothers? It might be worth seeing if the bully (if there is one) needs to get neutered

Back