Is Miss Daisy sneezing? Or is she sick?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smorand

I finally got my pet rat that I have been wanting for a while now. Her name is Miss Daisy and I got her from Petsmart 2 Saturdays ago. I love her to death and she seems to be pretty happy. She loves to sleep on the back of my neck and ride around on my shoulder. I'm unsure, however, what the small flinches she makes are. I'll be holding her and she seems like she is coughing almost? I'm not sure what it is and with all the research I've been doing I still have not found an answer. I'm afraid she may be sick :( Other than the occasional twitching/coughing? she is very healthy. Although, she does not use her wheel at all and HATES her exercise ball. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my new baby?

If it's sneezing, that's normal when first home. But if it's something else, coughing/wheezing then she'll need a vet.
I also strongly recommend you go back to petsmart and get her a buddy. Rats need to be in same sex pair or more. It's vital to their health and happiness.
Most rats hate hamster exercise ball. I wouldn't try putting her in there again. It might take her some time to get use to her wheel but don't give up.

Back