Intros - Together! Yeay!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today went very well I think. I got them pea diving (well plucking cuz I could only find a smaller bowl that wouldn't tip with their weight). Got some videos but need to check which ones are worth uploading for opinions cuz I was changing out their fleece at the same time so just set up my camera on my nightstand. It only records for 3min at a time so just kept pressing it again when it'd stop..........until the bloody batteries died :gaah: So will have those added tomorrow. No big scuffles, although Trouble stayed away from them for the most part. I think Smeagol and Hoggle actually had a short tiff more than either of them and Trouble (I had my back turned but it's on my cam....) and Hoggle actually gave me a good shriek and scratch when I went to pick him up from the pea bowl cuz he wasn't looking. But all in all good....I put a dirty blanket each and added theses small tera-cotta (sp?) pots I bought for them since it's been so nasty muggy lately until I put them in the cages for them. Although I didn't realize quite how big they've gotten, so the pots need an upsize LOL

Just uploading the vids to my photoucket (I don't remember my youtube account so meh) and apparently I didn't catch Smeagol and Hoggle tiff, must've been after the batteries died, but I did get a couple small ones between Trouble and the boys, and some decent showing of their interaction. Most are in one section then a lot of just them eating peas, but I don't know how to edit video so watch however much you want :giggle: Oh, and the over-all sound is my fan and yes....that's my cell phone going off...Roommate kept texting me LOL and sorry for the quality and missing some of the action. Since I was changing fleece, I simply put the cam on my nightstand as far back as I could at the time to try and get the most area in the shot LOL

Got a couple cute pics too though :D

(wow vids take forever to upload for me today LOL)

[center:3mymci0s]
IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg
[/center:3mymci0s]

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Makyura22/Trouble/?action=view&current=Intros1.mp4

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Makyura22/Trouble/?action=view&current=Intros2.mp4

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Makyura22/Trouble/?action=view&current=Intros3.mp4

Any and all opinions are more than appreciated. I know they're doing good, I am just very new to this - especially with boys - so want to be 110% positive they're ready to be in a cage together, since I know that's a bit different than just on the bed. I'm going to my parent's for the weekend, and will be bringing them with me, so intros can continue for the most part...

Oh, and I'm going to be bringing my laptop and camera with me to my parent's to keep capturing. It'll be a completely new environment to them as they've never been there. (they've been at their first homes, here, and the vet's...that's it) so it may be a bit different I'm sure. Maybe it'll help even?

henry's_mum said:
well, they are all pretty uneventful, so i'd say it's going really well!
They like that window eh? and what ever it was you had in the bowl too!

Yea, they don't fight much for sure...but when they do they get very snippy with each other noise wise...so I just want to be very sure.
haha Oh yea, they love hiding behind the curtains and it was Peas with cool water in the bowl. It was a muggy da and they've never done any "Pea Diving" yet so I thought it'd be the perfect day to try hehe

jorats said:
I bet you could move them in together now. They don't seem to mind each other at all.

Sweet :dance: :joy: :dance: :joy:
I will after this weekend since we're going to be away. :panic: I'm so excited :cloud9:

Well, decided last night since it's roughly an hour from Kingston to my parent's I couldn't really have Trouble in a small carrier with no access to water (roommates ended up having to bring their dog since they were staying at her dad's so I couldn't bring him out to give him water) that I didn't have much of a choice but to have all three boys going in the travel cage. I tested them out in it for a couple hours in the morning before we left, and they didn't really seem to care about each other. I put both their hammocks in there, both their food dishes, and some toys from each of their cages so no one felt like they "owned" it since it's smaller and took a peek in (had a white sheet over to block out some sun) and saw this:

[center:1busom8s]
IMG_2759.jpg
[/center:1busom8s]

Oh yea, all three sleeping in the one hammock! :dance: :dance: Mind you, I woke them up by the time I pulled my cam out of my purse, but they were all sleeping together :joy: :joy: I am so happy and cannot wait to set up that CN when we get home tomorrow night!!

Back