Intros continue

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I'm using the bathtub to introduce Julia to my two new little girls, because it's the place they would all have the hardest time escaping from. Julia jumped out many times, but I kept putting her back. Cahdla (Cookie) got out a couple of times, and I put her back also.

They each had some of the banana mash, but never stayed still long enough to be eating all at the same time. Again there was a lot of sniffing, squeaking, chasing, and even one or two instances of mounting (by one of the little intact girlies). But there were no fear poops this time, and the little girls are more curious than scared. They kept running after Julia to sniff her. She didn't puff up or sidle this time.

So this won't be a quick intro, but it will work out OK. They all got some banana mash in their cages afterwards as a reward. :heart:

It sounds pretty darn good to me. The fact that the babies run after Julia, tells you that she's not sending off any bad signals. It might be a quick intro after all.

I hope it continues to go well. I dread intros after the very difficult one I had a few years ago with Edith (SQ finally finished it for me one Christmas time; I had given up).

I am so afraid of someone getting attacked. But this one should go fine. It will be better once the younger girls are spayed. ... but then i will have another intro to do once Caramel arrives, and then another when I intro the young ones to Bill's gang!

It's been 2 weeks since your last post. How are the intro's going and what stage are you at now. I am interested in yours as I am currently going through this myself. It would be nice to have something to compare it to.

Back