Introduction Question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a pair of new babies yesterday, males about 5 weeks old. I’ve had rats in the past and they’re in a double critter nation but mostly still hanging out in the carrier cage which I left inside so they can explore on their own terms. My only buying option in my area are feeders so they’re pretty timid but still young enough that they’re fairly receptive to me already in small doses.

The shop I go to was pretty low stock when I went. They said the best day to come is Wednesday when they’ll get more in. I was considering getting another one or two then but I was wondering if it would already be too late by then to introduce them directly. I know the standard introduction guidelines well and while I have another cage, I’m not interested in going through the month long process and would just be happy with my two. But I was wondering if, them all being babies and none being established in the cage yet, if it might still be more or less the same as bringing them home together. Thanks for your input!

Back