Incision abcess? and more tumors.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

So Rose had a tumor removed on 7/21. She also had the nasty, more than likely cancerous vaginal tumor that was removed.

Well the tumor that the vet was not able to remove is now the size of a golf ball and where her incision was made there is a very hard mass that literally goes along the incision area and long not round like a tumor. Abcess? I will try to get a picture tonight but Rose is not one to be handled are really hates it. I don't know what to other than wait and see and if she becomes uncomfortable do the inevitable.

Poor Ivy who has had three tumor removal surgeries with a total of 8 tumors, now has two more and what feels to be a small pea size mass in her vaginal area as well. Ivy will be approximately 2 in September and I am thinking I will just wait and see how fast the tumors grow before I put her through surgery again.

Lilly my oldest who is 26 months had one tumor removed 1 year ago and now has a pea sized tumor on her side it has been there for a month and seems to be staying that size. She is sneezy no matter what combo meds I try so I will not risk surgery but at least her tumor seems to not be growing.

These tumors are killing me.

I am checking out a new vet I found that does rats to see if and how much a spay will cost me. It is too late for my old girls but not to late I hope for my other 5 who are 9 to 12 months.

That's so sad, all those tumors. Hope your new vet can spay your young girls. I've had girls spayed at 18 and even 20 months old. Good luck. :hugs:

That's so rough! :( It seems to be almost luck sometimes when it comes to tumors. I've had so many girls and only one girl (other than Brie) developed tumors. Hugs to both you and your girls. :heart:

Back