I'm Glad to be here!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would recommend two rats, they must live in pairs, they are a social animal and will be healthier and happier with a buddy. But rats are a huge responsibility, they need constant interaction, their habitat needs thorough cleaning and they are susceptible to respiratory issues. But, they are a real joy and many young person have fallen in love with their rats. Their intelligence is equal to that of a dog. They can be trained like dogs and will love you like a dog does with proper care and nurture.

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

Guinea Pigs won't be happening. One of my early memories is of me hanging out with the neighbor girl playing with one, then the next thing I know I'm rushing home bleeding profusely.

I remember a bite, then a scream (mine) then another scream (hers), then running super fast to go find Mom.

LOL i am the same way with gerbils. I wouldnt touch a gerbil to save my life... Two rooms i ran with that bugger digging into my finger. Mom had to pry that crazy bugger off my finger.

:welcomewagon: Austin! We are so glad of your expertise.

And, no pressure about the rats. Well, maybe a little pressure.

First, hopefloats will deliver a cageful to you on Christmas Day!! :giggle: And then you'll have to go broke on a huge cage with all the fixings. And then you will spend all your spare time learning about rat behavior, first aid, obscure meds, the pros and cons of various rat blocks. And finally someone will teach you to sew hammocks or sell you some.

Yup, no pressure at all!

Godmother said:
:welcomewagon: Austin! We are so glad of your expertise.

And, no pressure about the rats. Well, maybe a little pressure.

First, hopefloats will deliver a cageful to you on Christmas Day!! :giggle: And then you'll have to go broke on a huge cage with all the fixings. And then you will spend all your spare time learning about rat behavior, first aid, obscure meds, the pros and cons of various rat blocks. And finally someone will teach you to sew hammocks or sell you some.

Yup, no pressure at all!

:giggle:
umm, yep! That's pretty much how it goes! HAHAHAHA

Welcome to Rat Shack! :D

Lol!
Rats are Great family pets, but don't expect your daughter to be able to do everything herself! They need lots of care, especially when they get sick and require meds, surgeries, humidifiers, etc. :(

Aida said:
Lol!
Rats are Great family pets, but don't expect your daughter to be able to do everything herself! They need lots of care, especially when they get sick and require meds, surgeries, humidifiers, etc. :(

I won't. She's a great kid,very responsible for her age. She does dishes,picks up, helps with her brother, and I'm going to be showing my appreciation this year by getting her what she wants. She doesn't ask for much.

Admin said:
Aida said:
Lol!

I won't. She's a great kid,very responsible for her age. She does dishes,picks up, helps with her brother, and I'm going to be showing my appreciation this year by getting her what she wants. She doesn't ask for much.
She sounds like a great person indeed. :thumbup:

Back