I just lost my most favourite rat: Hannah Bug

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whirlytwirly

I lost Hanny tonight around 8pm. I think she died while eating her dinner (at least she was doing something she loved). She was one of my very first ratties and she was my first to ever have a litter. I plucked her out of a tank of around 100 young rats because I wanted a mink hooded. I kept picking her up and putting her back cause she was sneezing but she did come home with me. 3 weeks later she gave birth to 7 babies, she almost died and two of her bubs were still born. She gave birth at around 8-9 weeks of age...she was soooooo tiny.

She was a great mummy and was the mother of my first boy Remy Squishington (who died about a month ago).

It was with Hanny that I discovered rats loved to be tickled. She'd hop into my lap and I'd "wind" her up by rubbing my hand around her back leg then when I set her back on the floor she'd go crazy and bounce around like a little rabbit. She ADORED cuddles and was very jealous if someone else was getting a cuddle and she wasn't, she'd come and literally push them out of my lap!

I'm absolutely devastated. I can't stop crying. She'd been sick for so long but I guess I was just hoping she'd get better eventually. She'd finally gained some weight and perked up just recently.

Piccies:
Hannah1.jpg

Hannah2.jpg

Hannah is survived by her 4 daughters Holly, Lila, Ruby and Josie plus her adopted daughter Bellbell

Rip my little Hanny

Aww, I am so sorry for the poor loss of the very special Hannah. :sad3:

Know she will be with you wherever you go in your heart. :heart:

I'm so so sorry. I wish I could offer some comfort. Your beautiful precious baby. You'll have to grieve. Hannah is alright. I'm sorry.

Back