I have a new rattie!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujubeespmud

I just adopted a rattie girl from a lady who is a vet-tech and friend of my neighbor. She had a lone rattie girl that just lost her cagemate 2 mos ago. She heard that I was soon to have 2 of my girls, GG & Ruby pts and that would be leaving my Jazzy Girl alone. Boy! Did this come as a blessing to me (really to Jazzy). Well, her name is Branwen and she is about the same age as Jazzy. Branwen is sweet and very trusting to me. I've only had her for 3 days and she already comes out her cage and climbs to me! She has not tried to bite either. She comes when I call her name too! I will be keeping her name Branwen. That's what she knows so I won't take that away from her. Here goes, I'm going to try to post a pic of her. Let me know if it shows up and Moderators, if it is too big could you help me adjust the size to your requirements? Thanks. I'm not so good on this stuff. Julie

newby011.jpg

She's gorgeous!! Just what you and Jazzy needed, when you have loss, a new sweetie always seems to heal your heart a little faster.

The picture's too small, I want to see her cuddle-size! :D
She looks like you got the bonus of a beauty. So she & Jazzy are good?

Aw, thanks everyone. It is nice that Jazzy will have a friend. They haven't met yet, but I was hoping to do an intro this Saturday. Also, I buy the purple matting from A.C. Moore or Michael's Craft Store. It is needpoint plastic. I usually keep a stock of it. I also use the smallest size plastic zip ties that I buy from Home Depot. I just recently found them at Good Stuff Cheap, but I think getting them from Home Depot is a better bargain. I just cut it to size and attach to the floor and ramps. It's a good way to prevent bumblefoot. I've been using it ever since I had my first rat..about 3 1/2 yrs ago. Please do see my post on questions about behavior...I would like everyone's opinion about how long I should quarrantine. Thanks! Julie

Aw thanks! I surely hope they like each other too! Yes, Branwen is an agouti hooded. I had a hooded girl, Lilly before, but she was dark brown and just as beautiful. I miss her ...she's at the bridge with many other ratties I loved..:) Julie

Back