I have a new friend coming my way ... pics up now

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

A thread in the adoption section on goosemoose led me to adopting another little girl. She is two years old and needs a home since she is not being cared for where she currently is.....I'm going to intro her to my cage of two older ladies and two neutered boys.

Arlene is picking her up today since she is closer to her and I will be picking her up on Saturday evening to come home. So far we know she is a two year old female, who's name is Stewart I beleive.......<sigh> she will be spoiled here. She may have a mammary tumor or an abscess under her front arm (armpit area) so we will be checking on that. Arlene has the revolution so she will be getting dosed asap when she arrives.

Still do not know colors or that stuff and no pics yet, anxiously waiting!!

Jen

CongRATS!!!

It's so wonderful of you to take in an older lady, one that needs that needs a last good home before she's on her way.
Yay!!

:congrats: good on you for takeing an older girl
we hope she settles in happily with her new family
kudos to you
we hope to see pics soon :D

I am looking forward to this weekend when Jen gets her new older lady. Arlene has already picked her up, and Jen will meet up with her this weekend. :)

Yay for Teamwork!!!! :thumbup:

Jen sent me the 2 pics of this wee girl to post for her. :D

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

She is adorable!!!

She is much prettier than in the pictures. I expected her to be shy and hiding but she's a little whirlwind, running all over the cage, in the hammock, in the wheel, up and down the stairs. Wheeeeeee! She was kept in a 10 gallon aquarium with a topper so she's making up for "cramped time". This made it very difficult to get good pictures. I was chasing her all over the place trying to catch something other than her cute little butt. I am sure Jen will get lots of great pictures when she gets her. She doesn't like to be held too much but that's also something Jen will be able to change.

This is the second rat now that I hear of that once living in a cramped space go nuts running all over the place when given the chance. :joy:

Back