i do not know what is up with milkshake...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangel

tried an intro again with milkshake, luna and fancy and milkshake does not want fancy there at all :( i even used food to help but they will not even eat. tried tuna and even rubbed them with tuna (a bit lol) worked for a little then milkshake was cleaning herself and fancy came along and she puffed up. so before they started i finished the intro so they do not get off on fights.

i do not know what else to do with them :gaah:

i feel bad that fancy is alone :sick2:

but i guess if it will not work i can not make it work.

What exactly makes you think that milkshake doesn't like Fancy? Because she puffs up? Does she do anything else like an out right attack? If all she does is puff up, or kick her away, that's not a bad sign at all.

once she puffs a bit after that she fights with her. always fights with the intros(they go in a ball together and sqeak and all). this is the third or forth one now.

the first intro fancy toe got hurt somehow in the fight had to clean that up bled a bit too(i think was just her toe nail). now its healed up though.

Ah, so milkshake is definitely the alpha. I would continue doing intros as well, sometimes it can take a long time. But eventually, I bet it will happen.

ill keep trying but how long should i keep it up? she does boss around Luna too so im guessing she is the boss :whip: lol(little scuffles sometimes in the cage). also do i do this once a day till it works? thanks guys for helping me out with this if i did not have this i would have stopped a long time ago.

its was the third or forth forget now hehe.

I would keep doing it once a day, if you have time to do it more, that would help too. I would never give up, unless she out right attacks and really causes a lot of harm, that would be the only time I would say to give up. :wink:

How long have you been doing intros? At what stage are you at?
If you think there is a problem, you can always go back a step in the intro process.

im at the tub intros(fifth one today). their cage is side by side also. we went from side by side cages,item swap,to the tub. today went ok this time though luna was the one who fought with fancy(she got a chunk of hair taken out) so what i did was take out luna and left milkshake and fancy a bit(5mins about) and it went ok fancy kept trying to mount her what looked like to me and milkshake just kept running away.

I'd say it's going fairly good. Slow and steady is what's working for your girls. Milkshake must have been in heat so she tolerated Fancy, but this is a good thing. Keep at it!

Back