How Would I Go About Doing This?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeHale

I want to go to my local PetCo and PetSmart, to hold like one or two little seminars on proper rat care.
I've got all my info and such ready, like the forbidden foods list, cage dimensions, NO AQUARIUMS!

But, how on earth would I go about doing this? Like, do I go up to the store and ask in person? Call someone? Email someone?

Can you guys help me figure this out?

Ooh that's something I'd like to do too, at my local Pets at Home(s)...and schools too tbh, hope someone has an idea :p

To be honest, I doubt pet stores will allow you to do that. You'd basically be saying "Here's how to do it right" and then people would see how wrong pet stores do it, and half the supplies that pet stores push for rats would be useless.

Argent said:
Ooh that's something I'd like to do too, at my local Pets at Home(s)...and schools too tbh, hope someone has an idea :p

I would not waste your time on PAH. We complained after FIVE stores all over Scotland sold us underage and pregnant rats... guess where we ended up? Banned from buying small animals, but still able to buy their supplies. :redhot:

You could try talking to the manager of the store. But don't hold your breath on that one. Another thing you could perhaps do is hand out pamphlets at the door or in the parking lot, make sure it's not illegal to do so in you area.

What jorats said.
Plus you could make up pamphlets on rat care and ask them if they would like to give them to people who buy rats or are interested in rats.
If the rat care seminar doesn't work you could try renting a booth at a fair and providing info re rat care - I did that a few times at our local market.

Back