How to safely fix broken bar on cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horselo285

Hi,

I got a used CN yesterday. Generally, it is in amazing condition, but it does have one bar at the top which has come off on one side.

Is there something I can use to glue it back on that would be safe around my girls?

Any help is appreciated!!!

-Laura

I know of a product called J-B weld, which essentially allows you to cold weld. It would probably need to be painted after it finishes curing, which takes like a day or two to fully set. Might work. I also have a loose weld on one spot on my cage so I'll be going to the hardware store to ask about it. I'll let you know what they recommend. Anyone else have experience with this kind of thing?

Honestly I wouldnt use any glue. Instead I would get a piece of hardware cloth and some galvanized wire that you can tie, or twist shut and use that. They cannot get through that wire and It will cover that hole. I wouldnt use a zip tie on anything that I expect them to stay in LOL so go for the wire you can get a roll pretty cheap at a hardware store.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

For now, I have used a cable tie to tie the broken bar to the bar above it and another tie to tie it to the bar below it.

This seems to have secured it really well. :-D

It may not work long-term....but I am going to cross my fingers.

The girls are SUPER-HAPPY in their critter-nation! I am totally putting up pictures!

Back