How much does your rats mark?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not male vs female. More neutered vs intact.
My intact females piddle on me all the time. The males are neutered and aren't nearly as bad.
They are also worse when I have other rats out at the same time that are not from the same cage.

I have 3 spayed females and a neutered male and have only been marked by my male once when I first got him. Although they all did the whole "leave a tiny dribble of pee to and from the cage" the very first time I let them out for free time in the rat room. Otherwise they tend to keep it to the fleece and litterboxes.

When I first got my two boys (both intact) - they were marking a lot. No matter where they want, a little drop here a tiny pool there. Bed sheets, floor, sofa, me - didn't matter. Almost stopped completely after a month.

All the rats I've had, plenty neutered and spayed and non... and it's all over the place. Some do, some don't. I don't find a difference with neutering either.

My current girls don't mark. My previous girls rarely did. My boys from a long while back were awful for marking and it was pretty gross lol

Back