How much Doe Antibiotics Cost?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christie

I'm taking my rat to the vet because she has to get a tumour removed :sad3: and I was wonderin if I should take my other rat. I had them on aspen bedding for a while and I think it gave her an URI because she sneezing and has the ocassional "bleeding" from her nose. I forget what that stuff is called. About how much does antibiotics cost? Just wanted to know. Thanks!

I get oral flavoured Baytril, it costs about $2 a ml.
It's a good idea to let the vet listen to the other rat. I'm so sorry you have to deal with a tumour on your sweetie. :sad3:

$2/mL?? Jorats, you is a lucky woman!! Last time I got it I paid $44 and it was only 10 days worth for 1 rat!

But seriously ratlover101, there are no set prices and vets can charge pretty much whatever they feel like charging. Some will have "dispensing" fees, some don't. I had one vet who charged a $15 "dispensing" fee. That was so the underpaid vet tech could count out 20 pills and stick a label on the bottle. If you have a good vet you can probably negotiate the price somewhat.

Hope the surgery goes well!

Yes, I mean listen to her lungs, they can tell if there's an infection and if she needs meds.
As for the mls, it depends on her size, a female could need 0.1ml 2x a day, so that would be 0.2 a day for a good three weeks so that would be something like 5mls. But, that's just going by what my vet does. It could be very different with your vet.

Mumsy, we get a reduced price because we buy 60 mls at a time.

Back