How logn does liquid baytril last?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riana

I have a bottle of liquid baytril from the vet that I got back on April 3rd. It has been kept at room temperature (as per the vet's instructions) and I just wanted to know how long it is good for. I will be getting another bottle hopefully tomorrow because Rose is going on another round of doxy/baytril. I just wanted to start him tonight if it was safe, because his breathing is very noisy (not at all rapid or laboured, IMO, he's just making a lot of varied noises.)

Also, do you think I should post a video of his breathing for you guys to have a listen? I'd like some opinions.

OK, another question. How long does the injectible baytril last? That's what the vet is giving me (obviously to be given po). And what about the doxycycline? I imagine I'll keep Rose on as long as possible, but now Guild is making the same noise! :doh: He'll be going on too.

If your vet is able to give you Doxy powder, you can make it up into a suspension as needed. I get a big bottle that can make up to 60mls, and just split it up as needed. This way i can make my 2 week batches as I need them. Like Jo, you can also get it in a pill form, which you just make into a suspension [or not] as you go. Just go over concentrations, making everything up, etc.. with your vet.

Injectable Baytril has a very long shelf life, something like a year.

if you are going through dr macgowen she will give you the powder and tell you how to mix it if you want to go that route. she's done it that way for me a few times in the past. once mixed though it only last 14 days.

I never knew you could buy baytril like that. The vet by me only mixes a 14 day batch and I have to pay $16 for it.

For those of you with large numbers of rats, the Baytril for horses comes in a big bottle (250 ml) in a 10% concentration. It provides the same amount of meds as TEN of the 5% 50-ml bottles but costs less than four of the smaller bottles. A real bargain. Shelf life is at least a year for both the 5% and 10% injectable.

Just got my first big bottle yesterday.

Back