How Cruel Some People Can Be

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry you had to go through that, especially when your own health isn't exactly at its best. I admire you so much for bucking up and giving them a peaceful death. Even if you couldn't magically fix them (wouldn't we all want that?), you gave them your love during the last 24 hours you knew them, which is more than the care they ever received in their entire lives.

Just think! At Rainbow Bridge, they're all healthy and happy, and waiting for you to go pick them up. :) They're not suffering anymore.

I'm glad to hear that you got these five girls out of the situation they were in. It's sad that three had to be PTS, but it's much better than enduring more pain and suffering. I hope the other two make a recovery and get to enjoy a real rattie life for a while.
I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time too. Sending healing vibes to you as well as the girls! ((hugs))

OMG :tearful:

How did you come to find these girls Chelle??? Did you actually come face to face with the owners?

I have never seen anything like this! Jerry died from sudden malocclusion when the lower tooth stabbed up into his brain. I can't begin to figure out how your little one managed with teeth that long! :sad3:

I find absolutely nothing "tabu" about mental illness. I can't figure some people out. They treat mental illness as if it were something completely different to any other illness. If your heart, liver, kidneys, lungs, stomach or intestine can get sick without people having a fit about it... why can't the brain get sick too? I have never understood the mentality of the masses and I never will.

I will keep you and your newest babies in my prayers Sweetie. I think you are one of the lovliest women in the world. Always love yourself for who you are... the way we do. The Rat Shack would not be the same if we did not have the lovliest Sea-Chelle to grace our shores. :love6:

I'm certain they will be some of the first to greet you at the Bridge some day. I'm so, so sorry, for you and for them. Rest easy, sweet little girls. May you find peace and comfort at the Bridge.

Godmother said:
Thinking of you today. :hugs: Those girls knew love and kindness for one precious day, and now they are free of suffering.

I have to agree with Godmother! If only for one day they knew love, then it could have been a million...love knows no time, only that it IS! :heart:

Mental illness of any kind can be a challenge (physiologically and/or medicinally) to manage. There is strength in making it through the crap times! I am a survivor and thriver (not really a word, oh well) in the boat you are also in. I just keep rowing... :hugs:

oh poor girls. I was thinking of them at the vet today. One of my rats has been scratching himself a week, and I feel awful about it. I don't understand how people can let .that happen and not feel evil. I hope one day they realize what they did by neglecting such innocent sweeties.

These poor darlings :( I'm glad you were able to get them in the end and show them some kindness. Hoping for a recovery for the surviving girlies.

(also, my name also happens to be Tiana and it was a bit of a jolt to see that, heh).

Also hope things go better for you with treatment. I have some friends going through that right now (and myself have been very close) and I know you've got the strength to pull through anything that comes your way :)

... Those poor ladies, they were only born to be loved yet were shown such disregard. They were lucky to find you in their last days, to have your literally save their "life". Thank you Chelle for all you do.
Please get better soon, and remember that all you do, even if it doesn't seem like much at times, is monumental for these small hearts.
You and the rescue show them love, something they were born to thrive on.

:redhot:
If I EVER met someone who would let there rats suffer like that, it wouldn't be pretty let me tell you!!
Without you and your rescue there would be no hope for these poor souls.
When I was a little girl in the 1970's, I had a teacher who would stand me up in front of the class.
She would then make me walk and yell at me when I wouldn't walk properly.( I have Cerebral Palsy)
Then she would instruct my classmates to tell her when I wasn't walking "normally".
I spent hours walking with her yelling at me.
I used to be in a wheelchair and had multiple operations and this was MY normal.
Times have changed for the better since then.
I have had debilitating depression most of my life.
I can't tell you how many times people and Dr's have told me to "snap out of it"
I suffered in silence for many years because of the stigma of mental illness.
Luckily over the last few years that has begun to change.
Illness is Illness weather it be in your lungs or your brain.
I see no difference.
Thank God for drugs. :bow:
Get well soon!! :heart:

RIP beautiful ladies. Chelle you gave them the past last few hours ..you showed them what love was :heart:

So sad. They are lucky they found their way to you. It's hard helping them cross but it's the kindness thing you could have done to help end their suffering. Poor girls.

I'm so sorry Chelle, not sure if it's the hormones but I'm in tears. Glad their last moments were with you. Hugs!!

Finally, a good post can be made on this thread.

Tiana and Esmeralda are doing wonderfully. They're full of energy today, which is amazing considering how little energy they've had so far. Tiana even figured out a low flat hammock! I was thrilled. They haven't left my side this weekend and they won't until I have to go back to Homewood, and Amanda can take over.

They're sweet personalities are really shining through, and all your well wishes, thoughts, prayers, hugs, kisses, and support have clearly gave them the strength to start the road to recovery. Thank you everyone.

Back