Home Quarantine Experience

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconeswatch

Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced a home quarantine during this pandemic? Care to share a few thoughts? Thanks!

Yep. I was quarantined for 2.5 days until I got my COVID test results. The Vancouver nurses went around on Monday to all our apartments and screened us for COVID. The test was horrible. 10 seconds of them poking around in my upper sinuses, making my eyes water a LOT. Then I was told to stay in. Got my results yesterday morning over the phone: negative.

Yep. I was quarantined for 2.5 days until I got my COVID test results. The Vancouver nurses went around on Monday to all our apartments and screened us for COVID. The test was horrible. 10 seconds of them poking around in my upper sinuses, making my eyes water a LOT. Then I was told to stay in. Got my results yesterday morning over the phone: negative.
It is indeed to know that the result is negative. Isnt it that the quarantine period is 14 days when exposed to a probable positive? So the swab test is painful? o_O

It is indeed to know that the result is negative. Isnt it that the quarantine period is 14 days when exposed to a probable positive? So the swab test is painful? o_O
I got my test results in 2.5 days. I wasn't exposed to a positive. I was just home and the nurses were simply screening. We have had ONE case of COVID in this apartment building but she doesn't live on my floor.

I got my test results in 2.5 days. I wasn't exposed to a positive. I was just home and the nurses were simply screening. We have had ONE case of COVID in this apartment building but she doesn't live on my floor.
Yes, the swab up your noses does hurt but it's not the kind of hurt where you get a wound, it's a strange painful feeling. They hold that swab up there for 10 seconds up in the upper sinuses and your eyes water like mad.

Yes, the swab up your noses does hurt but it's not the kind of hurt where you get a wound, it's a strange painful feeling. They hold that swab up there for 10 seconds up in the upper sinuses and your eyes water like mad.

I knew 3 people who got swabbed and they said that it did not hurt. but it was a strange feeling. Still glad that I havent been swabbed yet.

Be safe and stay fit.Stay at home :)

Back