Hi..new here!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygirls

Hi...my name is kat (Katherine) and we ( my 3 'people' children...Iann,Cassey and Colin) have 4 rattie girls Many (Manson) Tate, Nails and Luna as well as Jake the mouse and Rosie the hamster. We began adopiting about a year ago and its been love ever since ( my youngest son only wants a mouse for his sixth birthday) Many and Tate room together and Nails and Luna are seperate. We got Many and tate about 4 months ago from pets unlimited and Luna and Nails (as well as jake) came to us thru an ad on Kijji (thanks jess!)

I grew up on a farm and my prevous experince with rats was the wild barn type and if someone had said I'd end up with 4 nd wanting more then I would have laughed my ass off at them...but their perfect pets! They go almost everywhere with me ( some ppl have 'purse' dogs...i have my girls,lol) and i find the reaction to owning them great. People are surprised to learn all about them as well as what great pets they make.

Anyway...this is a great idea for a site....all I want to know is how to contact about adopting some more from ya'll. I saw Mr. Big and was in LOVE!!! I'm also looking for someone in the Moncton area to talk to about rats....for myself and my oldest son so we can learn how to best care for them. If anyone has any ideas or know's anyone I'd love to hear from them...Thanks

Kat

hi,

we started with 3 rattie girls about 2.5 years ago.
We lost 2...and now we have 5.
We love them. Many folks think we are crazy, but we too try to teach them about how sweet and friendly they are.
I dont think we will ever own a hamster again.

That I would agree....
My Girls are..
Luna....black dumbo with a white belly
Nails...brown and white hooded dumbo
Many (Manson) black fancy
Tate....hooded black and white

Mice...
Jake....(female) domestic grey and white
Paterick,Buddy,Hank and Frank...egiptian spiny mice (males)
And the newest addition...Yellow Happy Smiley Face ( Bunny,female) named by my middle son...we call her Happy

And if anyone in the Moncton in is looking to get rid of some hairless or hears about some could someone let me know??? Hell can someone let me know about ANY ratties,etc that need some homes????Lol...I'm a sucker for punishment and I Looooove my 'fur' babies,lol.
And its nice to see I'm not the only 'crazy rat person' out here!!! : P

And we have Rosie the hamster....some mama I am forgeting him (yes him...my oldest named him thinmking he was a she...kinda like our mouse Jake...whos female...I'm thinking of starting a line of stories about Hermie the hermapadite hamster and Jake his gender counfused mouse friend,lol) I should have pics soon!!! That way all ya'll can see my beuties!

I have three boys...Iann 9 1/2. cassey 5 1/2 and colin 4 1/2. And their all ADHD to the extream...but then again so am I,lol.

I have three kids too

delaney 13 girl
nolan 11 boy
aubrey 8 girl

oh and we might have a MR. Flower.....the vet thinks she looks like a he......maybe.

i'm in saint john, not too far away from moncton and have a foster boy that is due to be neutered soon looking for a good home and family to love him. here's his thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&p=89020#p89020 if you are interested please pm me or another member by the name of riana (as this is her boy and ultimately has final decision on adoptions).

i would also be more then willing to talk rats. i love talking rat and if you give me the time i'll talk your ear off if you let me! :giggle:

Back