Hi From Tasmania (that Island off the bottom of Australia)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rani

Hey all.

I am fairly new to rat loving but adore my girls.

I currently have 3 girls - Chewie resuce rat (about 18 months), Tansy and Violet (9 weekers) who all live together. The little ones are to replace Chewies long term housemate, Lilly another rescue, who we lost on Xmas Day suddenly.

The week before Xmas we also lost my beautiful old rescue rat Ratboy Fatboy Dundee who died from a tumour or Myco....had both. He died in my arms wrapped in his favourite ruggy up against my chest on the way to the vet to be PTS. I have never felt such grief - I never knew I could love a rat so much.

I did something I never thought I would do and got the 9 weekers from a pet store and there is a chance they are pregnant. If not (fingers crossed) then I am aiming to get another 2 males babies - from either breeders or resuces.

I LOVE rats...love rats...they are totally beautiful...my babies

:holysheep: A member from Tasmania!! (I have always wanted to go there and see a Tasmanian Devil)

:welcome2: Rani. I am looking forward to seeing more photos.

So sorry to hear of your recent loss of Lily and RF Dundee. It is so hard to lose a dear ratty friend, especially since they live such short lives. I can really relate to you being taken aback by the depth of your grief.

Back