Hi from St. Thomas, Ontario. (Updated with more pics!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Hello everyone. I learned about this site from Good Karma after I adopted two of her foster babies last Friday. I'm also a member of another rat forum, but I like how this forum has more Canadian content, so I'll definitely be sticking around. Anyway, the real reason I registered is to show pics of the babies I adopted, so here are some links (the tags don't seem to be working when I preview).

Here's Storm. I was having trouble deciding on a name, so my girlfriend suggested it. She also helped me with names for first two rats, who can also be seen in other pics.
[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8523078@N06/2294796559/[/url]

And here's Cotton, because she's soft and white like a cotton ball.
[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8523078@N06/2295591036/in/photostream/[/url]

Those two are tricky to catch in a photo. They're typical young female rats; scurrying everywhere without pause, giving me no good photo opportunities. When I get some more good shots I'll post them as well.

Hi Randy! Welcome to the Rat Shack... and welcome to your sweeties.

So you were one of the lucky ones to get those cuties from Tara. That's wonderful. Great names too. :D

2294796559_8484d22da6.jpg

2295591036_7d2e6cd0c3.jpg

Here ya go Randy :)

:welcome3:
I also adopted two of Tara's babies (one from each litter I beleive) so Goose and Dewey say Hi Sisters :)

They sure get big fast eh?

Thanks lilspaz. They were born Jan. 12, so they'd be from the younger litter.

Here's a pic of two of my older girls, Buttercup (very faded champagne hoodie?) and Oreo (black hoodie).

2263715991_18bbbd2c23.jpg

Hmm, can anyone tell me why the image won't show up?

Here are some more pics of the babies, and my other girls.

This is Tara, an Agouti berkshire (she has a white stomach that you can't see in the pic), who I recently adopted along with her sister Shawna, from a family in Seaforth.
2299236374_af769b34e0.jpg

Here is her sister Shawna, an Agouti hooded, and Oreo, a black hooded, who I bought from a pet store back in August. This picture looks like they have their heads down about to bat their eyelashes at me or something.
2299235340_38eeee5fd1.jpg

Here is Buttercup, possibly a very faded champagne hooded, Oreo's sister, purchased at the same time as Oreo when they were just little babies like Storm and Cotton are now.
2299233978_dba37d93d4.jpg

Here's Shawna again, munching on an unsweetened banana chip. I can't say I agree with her location of choice for eating her snack, but it seemed to work ok for her.
2298437423_b4523e5314.jpg

And here's Storm and Cotton again, getting bigger every day.
2299233080_6cfd9ed796.jpg

2299232620_484227a0e4.jpg

So altogether I have 6 little furkids, and even though they are a handful, I can't help but love them.

Hahaha that one of Shawna eating is great!! Is she propped up between 2 cages!?? Hahaha so funny...

I'd say buttercup is a himalayan, she has a dark point on her nose that gives it away. One of my girls Flute, was a perfect champagne hoodie when we got her, but that faded within a week and her point started coming a week after that... Crazy rat! So yeh, Buttercup is a Himi... I love her name.

She may also look like a hoodie a bit as Himis and Siamese with strong (dark) points have gradually darkening fur that reaches their shoulders, fades to cream on their back, and then darkens again towrds the base of the tail... So she may have dark hairs flecking her cream near her head and shoulders that is actually just the faded bit of her dark point on her nose.. either way.. she's beautiful... I've got 2 himis at the moment... both with very slight points though :D

Haha, ya she's a cutie. She's actually between the side of her cage and the door while it was open.
2263634719_f4e543f1ee.jpg

I've added more stuff to their cage since that pic was taken, including fleece lining for the floor and shelves, and some more "houses". It's homemade; there are more pics on my flickr account (link in my sig). Its 60" x 42" x 18", so it can hold up to 10 rats. I'm content with 6 for now though.

Thanks for the info about Buttercup. I've never been quite sure about her colouring, so it's nice to hear from someone with more experience.

oo thanks :oops: I wouldn't call my self a guru or anything! Barely even experienced compared to some of the people you'll meet on here... but i know odd things :D That cage is fantastic!! I love it! It's exactly like one I want when I have my own house!! Home made, huge and with loads of space to just fill with toys and houses, and hammocks, and tunnel systems, and chewy things, and more hammocks.. oh and rats!! Do the doors open completely and is it easy to clean? I'm in awe!! I want one!

Totally love it!! I'm going for a browse on ur flickr gallery now :D

That cage is really well built.. and I love the maze!

Latest posts

Back