HI from California

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC rat girls

Hello! I'm new to this site but I've learned so much from reading the forum posts. My DH and I became rat owners in Sept 07 when we obtained 2 little girls, black and white hooded and named them Mona and Lisa. They are darling and sweet. Then, in January, a friend of mine asked us to take his 2 little dumbos, also girls, about the same age as ours. He didn't have time to play with them. So we now have Lucy and Ethel. Ethel is our "problem child" - doesn't want to come out to play and has bitten me (not too hard) when I've tried to take her out the cage. She just wants to take food and go hide. The others are very friendly and nice.

We took our time introducing them and they get along great - sleeping in a big pile in a large ferret hammock.

I look forward to getting to know you all better. Oh, I am a career woman, age 56, and my DH does part-time computer work. He is 60 and loves the rats as much as I do. We have 3 children and 6 grandkids and we live in sunny southern California.

Thanks for "listening"..
Joyce

Hii :D
Welcome to the shack
even though i'm new myself ... xD
Oh, I know what it's like to have a 'problam child'
I have one myself, it's not that fun.

anywhos, :hi!:

:welcome2: Joyce!

Right now many of us are jealous of you, because you are in sunny CA and we are in the middle of another blizzard!

Welcome to the Shack, though. We look forward to photos of your four dear ratty girls.

Hi Joyce and welcome to the Rat Shack!!

Yep, I'm extremely jealous of you!! It's still very cold here in northern Ontario.

Your ratties sound very sweet, can't wait to get to her their stories and get to know you better too. Maybe we can help with the problem child. There seems to always be one in the family. :)

Welcome to the Rat Shack, Joyce!! Your 4 girls sound great! I'm sure we can help with the problem child but we might need to see pics of those cute rattie faces first! :wink: :D

you are all so nice and welcoming. thank you. I knew some of you would be jealous of where I live.. I am very spoiled by the weather here. I promise I will get my photos of my "girls" together to share soon.

Joyce

:hi!: :welcome4: sorry this is late but have been so busy but things are settling down, here, you have a wonderful family & your ratties sound so cute, My Hubby & are live in SW Kansas, i also envy where you live, we are raising our only Grandchild now 17 Lindsey Lorraine, we had 3 boys, I got me girl her Mom didn't want her boy we did, it ia a friendly thing her Dady was only 16 so they are like brother & sister,we adopted her she is the joy of our lives, I have quite a few older ratties borned on my bithday from a Mommy & daddy found in a dumpster in cold Dec, 15 left 7 2 new girls I rescued on vacation last year, we love photo's & stories, great people are here, wonderful animals, Will be looking forward to seeing you all & hearing stories! Phyllis

My problem child grew out of it. She spent the first few months eating and hiding but now she loves to play, even more than the rats who were originally the social ones.

Latest posts

Back