Here's my FN! All assembled and decorated **pic HEAVY!!**

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really great! I'd make one suggestion though, as an added precaution.. If you have some more of the hardware cloth left, I would put it under the middle floor pan. On a message board I'm on, a girl said her females managed to drop the ladder enough to squeeze through to get to the boys. Another persn said that after the pan had been damaged, her smaller girl managed to get through the bars that hold that middle floor. Scary stuff. :shock:

It does look fabulous, though! You can try adding some hanging bird toys, and you can even get the larger ones for parrots and such since you've got all that space.

We're working on the mesh for the top and bottom of the girls' level. They were only in there for part of their play time, definatly not over night until the mesh is in place. Brenna spends most of her time trying to get through the bars in the top so it's only a matter of time. :roll: Girls :roll:
Anyhow, the cage should be ready for overnight tonight! I can't wait!

haha so its not just my girls!
One of mine, Dora, will escape if there is even the smallest opening. Little rat!

Your cage looks great! I can't wait to finally decorate mine (i got really sick the day after i got it together). But at least all of the mesh is up!

I tried splitting my girls into two groups for a short time, two of them had been spayed and brought home so I put the calmer ones in with them, and the wild ones on top... Well, I came down in the morning and they chewed a large hole in the corner of the pan, and had all squeezed through the bars and ended up on the same floor. So much for that!

Your rats will love it when it's all finished and safe for them to stay in. It really is a great cage with so much space for them to play.

The girls moved in on Sunday, the mesh is all on and totally Brenna proof! :lol: I posted a couple of hammie pictures in the garage sale section showing Stephanies hammies being enjoyed by the furkids. I'll have to get some more pictures taken in a couple of days when I change out liners again. I did it this morning but it's trashed already :roll:

Back