Here we go!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

Some pics of the new guys!
DSC01889.jpg

I dont know about this, Oslo says... I think I'll stay in my greenies box cave.

DSC01890.jpg

Peek a Boo! I see you Bern!

DSC01891.jpg

Moscow pretends like he's just putting up with the attention, but he's always the first to beg to be picked up. So I dont get this 'Jees, Ma!' expression. Lol

cairosmall.jpg

And one more of Cairo... Running amuck during play time in the sawdust pile. He used to play bulldozer. Miss him.

Melissa's ZOO said:
They are so cute. I love the name Moscow. :lol:

Yeah, actually it's kind of my theme. I name all of my rats after capital cities around the world. Moscow-Russia, Oslo-Norway, Bern-Switzerland, Cairo-Egypt, and Seoul-S.Korea. I've also had a Paris, London, D.C. and Sidney. To name a few. Although I usually end up giving them little nicknames. Like my guys now, 'Mossy', 'B' and 'Oz'. I always though a person should have two names. A formal name, and a name only those close to you use. Haha... Maybe I'm just wierd.
:roll:

-Tara

Tara said:
Melissa's ZOO said:
They are so cute. I love the name Moscow. :lol:

Yeah, actually it's kind of my theme. I name all of my rats after capital cities around the world. Moscow-Russia, Oslo-Norway, Bern-Switzerland, Cairo-Egypt, and Seoul-S.Korea. I've also had a Paris, London, D.C. and Sidney. To name a few. Although I usually end up giving them little nicknames. Like my guys now, 'Mossy', 'B' and 'Oz'. I always though a person should have two names. A formal name, and a name only those close to you use. Haha... Maybe I'm just wierd.

-Tara

My girls have theme names as well, they are Lilly, Flower, Clover, Jazmine, Ivy, Rose, Willow and Sunflower. Oh and Sweet Pea(RIP). I call Lilly, Lil, Jazmine, Jaz and Sunflower, Sunny. Flower also goes by Twinkie, she is on the very squishy side, like she had one to many Twinkies. :)

Melissa's ZOO said:
Tara said:
[quote="Melissa's ZOO":2wi4cyb9]They are so cute. I love the name Moscow. :lol:

-Tara

My girls have theme names as well, they are Lilly, Flower, Clover, Jazmine, Ivy, Rose, Willow and Sunflower. Oh and Sweet Pea(RIP). I call Lilly, Lil, Jazmine, Jaz and Sunflower, Sunny. Flower also goes by Twinkie, she is on the very squishy side, like she had one to many Twinkies. :)[/quote:2wi4cyb9]

Twinkie! Lol! *heart*
I've had a few like that. :D Squishy is a term I use too... also 'fluffy' is a good word. I'm kinda fluffy myself so I cant criticize.
My theme with names actually goes back to my very first rat. Her name was Paris. I took her to school with me hidden in my coat and everything. She was one of those super mellow kinds. 'Lap-rats'. Back then I didn't even have a cage, I just had a cat carrier and she just spent most of her time with me. My Dad told me "If I NEVER see it, you can keep it." So she rode with me under my shirt. All the time. She would even fall asleep and slide off my shoulder into my bra every once in a while. :lol:

I miss those times. I regret SO much never taking any pictures. :x I've have so many pets that I don't have pictures of. Just not much of a shutterbug I guess.

-Tara

Back