Help with introductions please!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angiewaugh

Hi everyone
Really hoping someone can help.
I lost my lovely boy Madge to lymphoma three weeks ago now. This has left his brother miner (18 months old) very depressed and anxious. I have bough two babies (approx 11 weeks old)
I have tried introducing them using all the usual suggestions regarding bath tub etc. usually starts fine and miner will mostly ignore them to begin with (not bothered when they crawl over him or anything) after a couple of mins, he'll give them a gentle wash. Then he wants to power groom. The babies hate this a freak out and squeal. I think this panics miner and he begins to fuzz up and get rough. I part them at this stage and try again the next day. Not getting any further forward though. I'm terrified that miner will hurt them if I leave them together once this starts. I have their cages together and miner watches them all of the timeandcsits as close to their cage as he can! Help!! Does he want them or does he hate them? I'm struggling to read the signs

Back