HELP! Need Advice...thinking of adopting for my lone boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraBoo

hey guys, im thinking about adopting from clark graham, I want a dumbo boy. Whats your oppinion or feedback on this? I dont know how to go about
Doing so. What if i get a boy that doesnt get along with my boo? what do i do then? i dont have 2 cages i have one, andthere is no way i can buy anything else other than what i have now! I have absolutly no money only stashed away for vet fees. Any feedback?

If you are going to get him a buddy, you need to do slow intros. So no matter what, you'll need a second cage, you can't just throw them together. They need convincing that they are going to be friends. :wink:

If you are going to have 2 ratties you really do need a second cage. You'll need one big enough for 2 to live in together obviously, but also should have a smaller travel cage anyway for taking someone to the vet, and if one should have to go to the vet but not the other, or if one needed to be alone after an injury or surgery recuperation or something.

Keep looking on the internet buy/sell sites in your area, you should be able to find a smaller (or bigger depending on what you have now) cage for not much.

Ask Clark if he has a small spare cage to lend you. I think that he might, because he gets donations of cages sometimes.

It would be wonderful if you got your little guy a friend from Clark, but it's true that you would need a second cage to give the two guys time to get used to each other.

Back