help, my rat is getting beat up :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewa

Tonight I was examining Sophee as Sasha has been temperamental this week and Sophee was squealing a little louder than usual. She has scabs on her back. Little ones , but she has never had them before. They're was also a littledried blood on her fur. I know Sasha is beating her up and she is biting me and I don't know what to do. They have always gotten along so good before this ... do you think Sasha is just turning mean?

Well , i called my vet and she said that they would not give me revolution . Even for the cat ... what do i do now ?

Well that's just silly, why not? My vet requires a visit first AND a skin scraping, maybe that's why. Some vets won't just pass out some revolution.

well , usually i am prepared to pay the vet visit bills, but i lost my job a couple weeks ago and I just can't afford it ..... :( i feel like everything is falling apart!

Hmm... call a different vet. A skin scraping should not be necessary as Revolution is a preventative as well as a treatment.

Some vets may not be comfortable giving it for rats specifically, but it sounds like your vet wants you in for a visit for the revolution.

well , i have been calling around and i found one guy who looks at a lot of rats , but she is doing so much better now. She was in "heat" i guess , so me brother brought some of the older babies over for her to smell and play with , she mothered them all , tried feeding them and then she was a happy rat after that.... think she just wanted to be a mommy?

I don't think rats feel maternal before becoming pregnant but who knows really? But if she's in heat, she does want something... to reproduce and they do become a bit more aggressive during their cycle.

Back