Help baby and me please! :( *GRAPHIC

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

Brittany wanted a friend for Mrs Norris and Scabbers today, so i picked her up a black mis-marked hoodie whos about 6 months old. (Female of course)

I nicknamed her Baby, as she doesn't have a name yet and she's a sweetheart.
But when i brought her out to see Brittany today, i looked at my hands and i seen blood. I didn't think i was bleeding, so when i looked at her underside, i seen blood coming out of her anus/vagina. I got really worried and told Joeys dad to drive home quick so i could put her in a cage. (My first thought is she was going to give birth)

Shes been home for about 3 hours now, and the bleeding as calmed down but you can see traces every now and again.
After having her home for about 15 minutes, she passed a....weird object fleshy thing... i guess you can call it.. i really don't know what it is.

Maybe you guys could help? Any bit of advice helps!

Babysstuff003.jpg

where did she pass it from? he vagina or anus?
my goodness that looks like a horror scene.
im sorry i cant be of much help.. ive never ever heard of this!
hope it all turns out alright. :heart:

Where did you get her from? Was it a petstore? Could you see all around the inside of the enclosure?

My guess is that was a dead fetus...how is she acting? Can you get some iron rich foods into her to help with the blood loss and prevent anemia?

She hasnt been bleeding since i've been out.
I checked on her, and around her cage and theres no signs of new blood (not in excess at least)

She'll eat baby food off my finger, but that's about it. She won't eat any type of hard foods.
I noticed she drools a BUNCH too.
I had to wipe her mouth off every few minutes when i was spending time watching her earlier.

Drooling?! oO

What would make a rat drool??

when did u notice the bleeding? was it after you got her from a pet store or from somewhere else?

She's eating (solids and baby foods) and drinking normally, so i don't think she's choking. She's up and moving around this morning, and letting me pet her.
Theres no blood in the cage at all from over night, so i'm hoping it was what Shalegh said it was.
She seems fine now, but im going to keep a close eye on her all day. If something goes wrong, Emergency App with Dr Singh!

Back