Hello! :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azalea

Hello. You can call me Azalea. I'm 21 and I live in South Carolina, USA. Also I'm a new rat owner. This is my first time owning rats. Yesterday I got in the Martin's Cage "The Rat Tower" (R-690). Got it put together in a few hours with the help of my father. After the cage was put together we went over to the local pet store to get supplies and a couple of rats. Sadly there are no rat breeders or shelters that have rats in the state. x_x Anyways, we decided to pick up the usual supplies (water bottle, bedding, food, etc.) and after that I went over to look at the rats. The store worker didn't know how to tell the gender of the rats so I had to look and see if there were any males. They're pretty young and I hope the two I got are males. >_> Both of the little guys are not used to humans. I can pet them but that's about it. I also noticed that one of the little guys "sneezes" every now and then. I can't find the information about it in any of the books. I hope he's not sick. Right now the little guys are huddled together in the bottom of the cage. Every now and then they will get something to eat or drink. One sleeps a lot more than the other. That’s about it so far. I don't have names for the two guys yet. I’ll post pictures of them later. Thank you!

:welcome3: to the rat shack!

I know that sometimes when ratties are exposed to new environments they have "stress sneezies" but watch for (ok guys im gonna spell this wrong) porphoryin staining around their nose/eyes, as this indicates immune stress - its a pink discharge which is commonly mistaken as blood

CongRATs on your new additions! WE LOVE pics so whenever you get a chance..... :D

Back