Hello there!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMousie

Hi! My name is Peter and I live in San Jose, California. I found this website when I saw that someone had linked to one of my rat cage pictures on Flickr, so I thought I'd join in!

I've had pet rats for dacades, and after about a seven year dry spell, I recently got some new ones for my partner's Birthday. Our three girls, Trixie, Joanie, and Alma, are some of the best lil' ratties we've ever had. They're wonderfully social, playful, and even clean! Say hi!

I love taking pictures, so my rats end up in lots of rat-sized portraits. Let me know if you'd like me to post any more!

Welcome to the Sahck. Your girls are very beautiful and look like sweethearts. We love to see pictures....so post as many as you want.

Hi Peter! Welcome to the forum!

Your ratties are just gorgeous, what great pictures of them! You definitely need to post some more! We love photos :wink2: Hope you enjoy your stay, theres a lot of great people here :D

Since y'all asked so nicely... more pictures!

Here's the cage that helped me find my way here:

I was rat sitting for a co-worker a while ago and took some pix. Introducing Violet:

Joanie munching on oats in her tent:

And peeking from her cage (she's the shy one):

Trixie up close and personal:

And finally, Alma looking a bit dishevelled and stained from playing with toys:

Enjoy!

:welcome: Peter and the girls. You take beautiful pics. I love your cage, very well decorated. Your ladies are very pretty. And yes, we love pictures.

:welcome3: to the Rat shack - your girls are gorgeous! Taking pictures of them are addictive eh??

I LOVE your cage too btw! Fantastic!

:welcome4: to the Shack!

Your photography is brilliant! :thumbup: I must say, I could never take such clear photo's of my ratties.

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone!

I'll try to take some new pix soon. I have a crazy powerful macro setup now, I'd love to do some paws and eyes and noses as close as can be, but it's so hard to get my girls to stay put long enough to focus on them!

Thanks again!

Haha, anyone in San Jose want their rats documented?

Hey Peter!

I guess I'm the one who brought you here, lol! Welcome! :D Your rats are beautiful!

Can I ask...how did you know I linked your photo? Is that a Flickr feature or another program? I ask because I've been having some issues with my own photos being posted on websites, the poster claiming them to be theirs annnd...well it's not fun, lol. Just curious. :D

Bronwyn said:
Can I ask...how did you know I linked your photo?

I use the BigHugeLabs 'View My DNA' Flickr toy. It gives an overview of someone in Flickr, and at the very bottom there's a section called 'ego surf' with a bunch of links that you can use to scour the web for references to your images. BigHugeLabs has a bunch of cool stuff like that. :)

I also look at the stats for my account and stats for my photos if I saw they got a lot of hits. There's a 'referrer' section on both with more information on who's linking to each image. Click on stuff and check it out!

I hope this helps!

:welcome2: to the Shack! Your ratties are really beautiful, and we will never tire of photos.

I'd love to see a full-size version of your avatar, which is totally adorable!

PKMousie said:
Bronwyn said:
Can I ask...how did you know I linked your photo?

I use the BigHugeLabs 'View My DNA' Flickr toy. It gives an overview of someone in Flickr, and at the very bottom there's a section called 'ego surf' with a bunch of links that you can use to scour the web for references to your images. BigHugeLabs has a bunch of cool stuff like that. :)

U also look at the stats for my account and stats for my photos if I saw they got a lot of hits. There's a 'referrer' section on both with more information on who's linking to each image. Click on stuff and check it out!

I hope this helps!

Very cool! :D Thank you! To my knowledge it's not the Flickr photos, it's DeviantArt, but that's great to know for Flickr!

Back