Hello from the new girl!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonja

Heya! I'm Sonja, and I decided (after a lot of anonymous lurking) to finally join here at the Rat Shack. :) I'm 21, and I've had rats as pets since I was 13, although I admittedly am only just now getting knowledgeable about them. I've got three adorable little female ratties: Scarlett, Talitha (Tully) and Guinevere (Gwen). My girlfriend has a male named Bobby, who has to be kept solitary due to extreme territorial aggression issues. (I'm aware of how rats need social company, but Bobby seems to be the only exception to that, sadly.)

I hope to post more here, and I definitely love seeing all the lovely rat stories you all have to share! This is an awesome little community.

Welcome to the forum.

I can tell with males rarely are there exceptions after a neuter. I have had some really mean boys and they are big squishes after a neuter. You could very well try a neuter.

Thanks guys! I'm definitely looking into the neuter; it's just going to be about another month and a half before I can afford to bring him in. I'm in a somewhat remote area, and they want 200$ for the surgery, not counting any post op care or anything, and it's 2.5 hours away from here. X_X Definitely more expensive than a dog is, that's for sure. I'm going to try to get him in for mid-may. :) He's responding well to extra socialization though, so I'm thinking in the meantime I can spend a few hours a day with him to bring the aggression to a manageable level.

Pictures of everyone will be incoming as soon as I figure out how to post them! :) <3

Back