hello from the fragglerats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anita1216

Hi everyone! Finally decided to stop browsing and register :D

I have 7 rats, one doberkid, two eldery purrbags, a human cub and a hubby of almost 14 years. :)

I live in Southeast Michigan, Taylor to be exact.

I have no doubt things will be interesting and informative around here 8)

My 7 boys:
Fergus, my RB smeeze, my heart rat.
IM006258.JPG

Hector, black satin irish rex. Love those whiskers!
EX000012.JPG

The elusive Fes, black self dumbo. Of course he was wandering out of the picture and I barely caught him. Took this pic at the brothers 1st birthday party in June :D

IM006234.JPG

Vroo, our platinum self dumbo. He is on a diet and working towards a goal weight of 750 grams. He is down from 861 to 825 and feeling great :D
IM005903.JPG

Boo, agouti self rex dumbo. He is a squishy loving boy!
IM006347.JPG

Wembley, seal point siamese dumbo. He is brother to Fergus and my daughters favorite rat.
590931-R1-023-10.jpg

Urn, he is an AB siamese dumbo. Lovable boy!
IM006354.JPG

A rattie pinata!! So the ratties really do like it!! I was thinking of picking one up but was unsure the ratties would really be interested. I'm always on the look out for new toy ideas. :D

OK, got the tags right and there are all of them LOL. Thanks for the compliments. We adore our boys and they are spoiled for sure.

They LOVED that pinata!!! The babies, Hector and Boo, started to squabble as they were both trying to hang off of it at one time.

Hi Anita!!! You finally made it :D

I love your ratkids, they are wonderful, and I can see how Fergus is your heartrat, he has that "air" about him. Good luck with your chubby boy and his diet. Do I dare ask what it is? Dilbert is a small chubster on a low fat, low protein lab block and the little bugger keeps gaining...sigh. So what's your secret?

Welcome to RS!!! :welcome2:

lilspaz68 said:
Hi Anita!!! You finally made it :D

I love your ratkids, they are wonderful, and I can see how Fergus is your heartrat, he has that "air" about him. Good luck with your chubby boy and his diet. Do I dare ask what it is? Dilbert is a small chubster on a low fat, low protein lab block and the little bugger keeps gaining...sigh. So what's your secret?

Welcome to RS!!! :welcome2:

Its just lower protien, lower fat foodies and lots of exercise. He is a lap rat of the most wonderful kind, but he was just getting to be a porker and I dont want to lose him early in life because of it. I realized that he was way way way overweight after the weigh in that read 861 grams..it scared me. So we urge him to walk from one end of the room to the other a few times a day, he likes playing on the stairs and the climbing is good for him.

Honestly? I think the biggest factor is that I cut down on his favorite meals :oops: My boy loves his tablefood and would be the last at the dish everytime. I used to give them meals twice a day, now its only once and usually in the morning. I took away most of his biscuts and "cookies". Its been a very slow process, so hopefully the weight comes off and stays off for good :D . Im trying to be a hopeful rat mommy.

Back